loves inspiration

Sunday, February 21, 2010

mahalakshmi

there was a time when
we talked for hours and
we shared our lives,
now you belong there.
I belong here.
finding love in bahkti land is simple.
finding love here is pain.
all the freedoms you have found
are the limitations i experience.
when i run in the morning on the ridge
and see the hawk soaring in the sky above the unrisen dawn,
the universe enters me.
but when i descend and enter the beast
the world collapses.
need and desire and hope and fear,
a million healings wouldn't scratch the surface.
this river of lost humanity flows its tortured channel through my soul
and i must weep.
where is the joy
the harmony
the plain stuff of life and love,
tiny bits and drops of truth slipping away from me.
i maintain my practice, discipline, meditation, chanting, diet,
burning out my remaining attachments that bloom and wither like roses come winter.
I spin with the earths churning round the sun in trapped consent
bearing the fruit of the universe to destinations unknowable.
where am i, if not here
and why am i if not eternal
and who am i if not HE.
what is it i am
for this to be fulfilled.
my questions hang like melting icicles
dripping tiny tears into the frozen earth.
my love is small and
i am protecting it like the mother bear and her cub.
this moment is over and i must move on.
all love to you and your divine nature.
i hold your love in my heart every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 1999 - 2011 by passedlives- The author of these pages has kindly given permission for his work to appear on this web site. Please do not abuse this kindness (or violate copyright law) by reproducing this work elsewhere on the web (or rewriting, duplicating or distributing it in any other form) without the express written permission of the author.