loves inspiration

Sunday, February 28, 2010

devotion

when morning comes likes an adoring child
and the sun is but a smile away
chill air and dew combine
to bring my heart today
where night revealed long dreams
and tired eyes awoke
where did summers promise go
with warmth and birds sweet song
i settle in my robe and chair
in sisters home and feel
the world is so much closer now
and still my dreams are real
old places in young memories
homes and friends now gone
i visit while i walk these halls
of kingdoms lost and won
the road goes on until it ends
now nearer day by day
the pattern of my life it seems
has kept me safe this way
can leaving be as empty
as staying seems to be
where is my hearts devotion
where is my love for me
she left across another ocean
to be nearer and so much further
from the heart of love we keep

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 1999 - 2011 by passedlives- The author of these pages has kindly given permission for his work to appear on this web site. Please do not abuse this kindness (or violate copyright law) by reproducing this work elsewhere on the web (or rewriting, duplicating or distributing it in any other form) without the express written permission of the author.